Wow!

27 Nov

I just realized I haven’t written anything here since March. That’s sad. 😦

I’ve been exploring different, new avenues in my life lately. My business was picking up, then slowed dramatically, I ended a fairly serious relationship, took a break, had an intense fling with someone new, and that didn’t work…then bought a new house.

Yup, my first home. πŸ™‚

IMG_2154

Now, I’m kind of like, “Hmm…how do I really want to live my life? What do I want toΒ do with it?

Writing has still been a part of it, just not here or in the fiction realm. I keep a couple of other blogs related to design and other random stuff. Having so many different interests, I’ve always found it difficult to focus. But even after all this time neglecting my beloved Element 7 project, I find myself missing it terribly.

I have some decisions to make, about priorities in my life. I miss writing fiction and reading it. I miss being engaged with other writers on their blogs and on Twitter. Generally, I miss being a part of the whole spec fic community.

Even if I am still an amateur.

I don’t even know if anyone will be reading this post! But if there is anyone out there still peeping in on my ramblings here at Seven and A Half Firsts…just know that you all have been severely missed.

I’m not sure how things are going to play out over the next few months becauseΒ I have some renovations to do on my new townhouse before I’m actually going to move in, but I do know I want to make writing more of a priority in my life.

I think about it a lot, butΒ nothing gets done by thinking alone.

We’ll see. πŸ™‚ I’ll keep y’all posted. Oh yeah! And Happy Thanksgiving! ^_^

13 Responses to “Wow!”

1. Lindsay Kitson November 27, 2014 at 7:38 PM #

Still keeping an eye on it, checking when you post to see if there’s any writing news πŸ™‚

• Tiyana November 27, 2014 at 7:56 PM #

Hi, Lindsay. Thanks for the response! I’ve been checking in on your blog lately, too. Seeing what’s up. πŸ™‚ I’m so excited that you’ve been pursuing your passion for flying and can’t wait to read more of Redwing! πŸ˜€

• Lindsay Kitson November 27, 2014 at 9:45 PM #

πŸ™‚ It’s been a lot of fun, and I’m o glad I decided to do it. The last year has been rough though, and I’m not where I’d hoped to be at this point, but I’m still moving forward. I go to take my written exam tomorrow for the commercial licence, so wish me luck!

I’d love to see more happening with your novel, but I know what you mean with too many interests and not enough time for them all. You gotta do whatever makes you happy.

• Tiyana November 27, 2014 at 9:48 PM #

So true. I guess that’s what’s hanging in the balance for me lately: what makes me happy.

Well, good luck with your exam! I’m sure you’ll do your best. πŸ™‚

2. Anthony Lee Collins November 28, 2014 at 5:39 AM #

Hi, there. Welcome back!

When the words demands to be written, then you have to figure out how to get it done. πŸ™‚

Congrats on the house (though I confess that the idea makes me cringe — the experience of selling my mother’s apartment over the last year convinced me that I never want to own anything larger than a bed πŸ™‚ ).

Stay in touch.

• Tiyana November 28, 2014 at 3:48 PM #

Hey, Anthony. Good to hear from you. πŸ™‚

Surprisingly, my home-buying experience went pretty smoothly. It was a little scary and a bit of a blur at times, but I had my parents and great trusted professionals looking out for me along the way. That helped a lot!

I’ll definitely keep in touch. πŸ™‚ Excited to get back into the swing of things.

3. jazzfeathers November 29, 2014 at 7:30 AM #

Hi there πŸ™‚

I started following you while you were on hiatus, and I’m so happy you are finally finding time to engage with writing (and writers ;-)) once more.
    I know the feeling of not wanting to write, as well as I know the feeling of really really wanting to go back to it. My experience is this last always wins πŸ™‚

• Tiyana December 2, 2014 at 9:19 PM #

Hello there, Sarah! πŸ˜€ (I’m exploring your website and social haunts, haha.) Thank you for following my blog–even though I’ve been away for some time! It’s always a pleasure to meet another dieselpunk. πŸ˜‰ And one who’s also working on a trilogy, at that! (What are we, crazy??? haha)

So far, I’ve had a long on again/off again journey with this project, but I agree about the last always winning. (I’m always coming back, tail dragging betwixt the legs out of shame for neglecting my poor creation…hehe.) I’m currently going back to re-read a few scenes to get back into the groove of where I left off and see my progress, particularly the first few and last few. It’s amazing how much one’s perspective can change over the course of so many months! I am so happy with how far the story has come, and I know I’m so close to getting it to where I need it to be for submissions. There’s still some work to be done, of course, but not too much. (As far as I can get on my own, anyway.)

Looking forward to following your writing adventures, Sarah. Happy writing!

4. bardconstantine December 1, 2014 at 9:45 PM #

Hello Tiyana.

You’re definitely not alone. Life is largely social, and writing is definitely not. Takes a while to get that balance, I was nearly 30 when I started to take it seriously. So long as the desire is there, the novel is also. I’m sure you’ll knock it out the park when the time comes.

Best to you!

• Tiyana December 2, 2014 at 9:25 PM #

Thanks, Bard! πŸ˜€

It’s definitely going to be a challenge finding that balance, being in an important transition period in my life. Between starting my business, unsuccessful relationships and finally moving out on my own, it’s been pretty crazy trying to figure out what I want and how I want to live my life. Still figuring that out, tbh, but at least now I know that I do want writing to be a big part of it again.

Oh man, I feel like I have so much catching up to do! @_@ Glad to see you’ve got another novel coming out soon. πŸ™‚ So exciting!

Liked by 1 person

• bardconstantine December 10, 2014 at 6:30 PM #

Just take it a day at a time. The good thing about writing is that the ideas never go away, they just evolve with time. Many times for the better…

Liked by 1 person