Happy New Year & New Beginnings

2 Jan

Boy, 2012 sucked!

Just sayin’.  I’m totally happy it’s over. 😀

To be perfectly honest, I haven’t done much editing in the past two-ish weeks.  Dealing with other stuff (like saving up and pushing plans for the new business!).  Though, the day before last I made myself jump back on the horse, so to speak, and I intend to edit another chapter right after I finish this post.

It’s a start.

I’ve got a lot on my mind right now, such as what to do about my current employment situation in retail.  The company offers benefits even to its part-time employees, which is nice, but they don’t really pay particularly well…  So, with the seasonal hours withering away with December…I’m wondering if I’ll have to go back out on a job hunt (again) to see if I can’t find something better–even if it’s not remotely related to my field.

…’Cause I really need benefits soon, but I also need to make a suitable amount of money to support my decision to start my own business–not to mention pay off the crapload of student loans I managed to accrue over a few years…

*sighs*

2013 won’t be easy for me, but it holds a lot of potential, folks.  I just gotta be willing to do whatever it takes–including making steady progress with the novel.

So here’s to new (and better) beginnings. 🙂

9 Responses to “Happy New Year & New Beginnings”

1. Stephen A. Watkins January 2, 2013 at 3:02 PM #

Yeah, that’s a really difficult position to be in, and I definitely feel for you. I remember too-well the growing sense of panic and looming dread after I graduated and was going on four, then five months without solid job prospects. In retrospect… five months wasn’t too terribly long compared to what it could’ve been. But then I went through another period of difficult employment prospects after making a voluntary move to a bigger city. Good luck in the new year, and making things work.

2. T. S. Bazelli January 2, 2013 at 4:10 PM #

I hope things go better for you this year (It will be an adventure at the very least). Good luck, and happy new year! Best wishes.

• Tiyana January 3, 2013 at 10:13 PM #

Yes, an adventure for sure…lol.

Thank you, Theresa!

3. Anthony Lee Collins January 3, 2013 at 6:12 AM #

All the best for 2013!

I’ve always found that in difficult times it helps to devote some time each day (or at least every few days) to writing. Sometimes it can seem that there are too many other important things going on to take the time, but it can really help when you’re trying to, as they say, keep calm and carry on.

• Tiyana January 3, 2013 at 10:15 PM #

Lately I have actually been doing a lot of writing, just not on my novel. More personal stuff, and it has helped, but I really need to get back on the ball with E7, lol.

Thanks for the good wishes, Anthony!

4. deshipley January 16, 2013 at 10:59 AM #

Tag! If you get a chance, come a-hopping! 😀

5. Jay Noel February 4, 2013 at 9:39 AM #

Yeah, you had a REALLY rough 2012, Your car accident freaked me out. 2013 had to be better, right? Sorry it took so long for me to get back here, just getting back on track now.

• Tiyana February 5, 2013 at 9:49 AM #

Yeah, I haven’t been out in the blogosphere much myself lately, either…