Hello World!

22 Mar

I like that WordPress made that title of the first post, so I’m keeping it.

So… I broke down and made a blog on WordPress.  And, after I get some opinions on the new site, I may soon purchase a domain in my name–aaaah!  I have to be honest: I feel like I’m experiencing a blogger identity crisis.  It’s scary.  “Whaaaa?  I can’t use my name as a website name; that’s crazy!  Then everyone will absolutely know it’s me doing the blogging (despite the fact that I put my name and picture in it anyways)!”

*sobs*

Much ado about nothing, I know.  I used to have a pseudonym of sorts: “yoyopogo,” or simply “yoyo.”  It was kind of nice.

Anyway, I’ve been ogling WordPress ever since I first laid eyes on it…about two weeks after I published my first real “writer’s” post on Blogger. -__- I was immediately jealous of those who had WordPress but thought it’d be too much change if I just upped and switched all of a sudden.

…However, I’m loving the simplicity of this particular blog theme (Bueno!), and I think I could catch onto WordPress fairly quickly.  It’s a new look that’s closer to my design ideals, and simplicity–believe it or not–is one of them.  Also, this style is much easier on the eyes.  As fellow blogger Jay Noel pointed out, black backgrounds may be dramatic but also pretty harsh on the eyes.

So, then, why not change the background on Blogger and be done with it, right?

*mumbles things*

I don’t know… I think I’d like to stick with WordPress.

>_<

Would anyone be mad at me for doing so?  I hope not.  I hate making big changes, but this place is really lovely!  (It also forces me to customize a little less, which means I have less room to make stupid design decisions, heh.)

Now, if I could just figure out how to get the “follower” widgets onto here…and if I don’t lose followers, heh, then this one may just be a keeper.  I don’t know, what do you think?

12 Responses to “Hello World!”

1. J. Noel March 22, 2011 at 6:21 AM #

Sorry, I didn’t mean to give you a complex! But it looks like you’ve been thinking about this move for some time. I like this template. It’s clean and easy to read. The swirl in the back retains some of the quirkiness and uniqueness from your Blogger blog.

Also, I first came here via iPhone, and WordPress automatically optimized it for mobile devices!!!! I had no idea it could do that. I could choose to see your blog in “normal” format on my iPhone, which I did, and I was able to view your entire blog.

That’s really cool!

Now, you have to go get your own domain name. Every author should. I recently tried namecheap.com and it’s better than GoDaddy, in my opinion.

• Tiyana March 22, 2011 at 8:23 AM #

Lol, it’s okay. It was only a catalyst. I’d secretly been pining for it all along. ^_^

I find it amusing that people think I’m quirky. And bubbly. Usually I don’t get bubbly, lol.

As for the domain name… Well, looks like folks generally are onboard with the switch, so I’m gonna go purchase it now and update on Blogger once I’m done making some minor changes here.

Thanks for the feedback and support, Jay!

2. T.S. Bazelli March 22, 2011 at 9:08 AM #

I like it Tiyana! I see you’ve made the domain name switch, and I think that’s a good move. Better to do it now, and build up your following on this website. Now you’ve got a good home base for when you finish your draft and move on to ‘novelist’:)

• Tiyana March 22, 2011 at 10:05 AM #

Thanks, Theresa. You make a good point, about doing it now rather than…well, when the blog becomes more developed.

And finishing editing the draft. Muy importante!

Okay, so it’s official: I’m staying here, even if I can’t have a followers widget. I’ll leave that issue for another time.

3. Jay Noel March 22, 2011 at 10:55 AM #

Have you seen this before? It might help.

• Tiyana March 22, 2011 at 12:34 PM #

Huh, I’ll have to check that out. Thanks, Jay!

4. Austin James March 22, 2011 at 11:52 AM #

I like it. I have a WordPress blog too for something entirely not about writing, but it’s useful to know how both work. I like the layout and design – it looks nice.

• Tiyana March 22, 2011 at 12:38 PM #

Thanks, Austin! Familiarity with both could come in handy. 🙂

5. E.J. Apostrophe March 22, 2011 at 3:40 PM #

Woo Hoo! House warming! Whose bringin’ the chips and dips?

• Tiyana March 22, 2011 at 7:40 PM #

Aw, you’re so sweet, E.J. Thanks for volunteering! 😛

6. James March 23, 2011 at 7:11 AM #

Wow, MUCH better than your previous blog. Looks great!