Pulp Fiction

17 Mar

>I think I just discovered my latest obsession:

G-8 and His Battle Aces!  I should have been inhaling this stuff ages ago!  God, where have you been all my life…

8 Responses to “Pulp Fiction”

1. E.J. Apostrophe March 18, 2011 at 4:12 AM #

>Anyone that kicks the butts of supernatural creatures can't be all that bad!Thanks for the interesting find!I found your blog on T.S. Bazelli. Keep up the great work!

2. Jay Noel March 18, 2011 at 8:17 AM #

>It's good stuff, and I think it's been experiencing a revival as of late.

3. Tiyana, aka "Yoyo" March 18, 2011 at 9:18 AM #

>Hi, EJ. No problem! Thanks for stopping by. (Can't wait to read more of your blog, btw.)Jay: Really? That's interesting. I wonder if it'll start to affect movies more.I've been craving more flicks inspired by vintage times–particularly the interwar period. The only recent movie I've heard of close to this period, set in 1912 apparently, is The Extraordinary Adventures of Adèle Blanc-Sec, which I haven't seen yet; it's a French film, and I don't think it's going to release here. Dangit.I also recently downloaded Black Book on Amazon, set during WWII. It's always WWII, it seems. Also, Lust Caution, Inglourious Basterds… I love those kind of films. Yes–espionage, war and the fantastical, pleaz!(I'm the kind of person that still thinks Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow is simply amazing, haha.)

4. Tiyana, aka "Yoyo" March 18, 2011 at 9:22 AM #

>Oh, oh! And the Children of Huang Shi. I don't think that got so much pulicity here in the states, but it was a wonderful account of a true story. (And I love Radha Mitchell, as she's inspired one of my story's characters, so I had to see it.)

5. E.J. Apostrophe March 19, 2011 at 1:49 PM #

>My pleasure…hope you seen you often. P.S. Thank you for your links for writers! I was able to finally understand what concept is (or at least try to understand)…I have been struggling with grasping this, well, concept from Larry Brook's "Story Engineering" book.

6. Tiyana, aka "Yoyo" March 19, 2011 at 7:57 PM #

>Yeah, I thought he explained concept very well. Glad you were able to find the link!I keep hearing about Larry's book. I think I've got it on my "to read" list…with about a hundred and forty-four other books! Haha. (I'll never get through that list.)

7. E.J. Apostrophe March 20, 2011 at 5:36 AM #

>I am waiting with bated breath (btw, who ever came up with that term? LOL) my order from Amazon. I will share all of the deliciousness (EJ-ism) with you in a future blog post possibly! 🙂

8. Jay Noel March 21, 2011 at 7:37 AM #

>Just order Story Engineering too. I've been following storyfix.com for sometime, and luckily, my WIP followed the structure Brooks lays out.His concepts really had me look at how I was putting my manuscript together.