You guys, I did a thing today: I officially launched an author newsletter, and anything that has to do with the actual release of a new novel from me will be in it.
Reasons to Join My Newsletter (a.k.a. ‘The Club’)
If you’re already subscribed to this blog, you might be wondering, “Why would I need to subscribe to your newsletter? Won’t you be sharing the same things that I see on the blog?”
Well technically, you don’t need to do either—I won’t be holding the virtual gun to your head or threatening to have you sleepin’ with the fishes…this time—but you’re reading this for a reason (or two, or three…) and I actually won’t be sharing the same things on my newsletter as I will on the blog. One of the reasons you’ve been following me might include living to see the day that I finally publish my novel—in which case you might be highly interested in my newsletter over my blog, you see.
Why? Here’s why:
- My newsletter will exclusively share snippets and full-length chapters from my novel beyond the typical previews you find on Amazon along with other cool exclusive-y content; my blog will not. 😦
- My newsletter will give you the chance to read my book for free before the rest of the world because you like the idea of writing perfectly honest reviews about them; my blog will not. (Serious fans only!)
- My newsletter self might solicit your opinion on things like, “Which book description sounds more exciting/interesting?” My blog self will not.
- My newsletter will definitely let you peek at book cover designs before everyone else and give you access to special giveaways; my blog will make you wait a bit longer and have more limited giveaway opportunities. (Meanie!)
- My newsletter will alert you whenever there’s a special promotion for my novels; my blog will just assume that you’re already obsessively checking my sales page(s) for these things when they go up.
- My newsletter is basically like a sexy VIP speakeasy with 21st-century e-cigars and legal whiskey; the only thing required is
your soula secret password (a.k.a. an email address and name). I mean my blog is cool, too, but everyone hangs out there. Y’all are too hip to be square now.
- Basically, my blog will continue to bemoan my writerly struggles—such as how I’ve been reworking the ending of my novel for like 2 weeks straight now; my newsletter will make it sound like I’m a #winning professional.
Not convincing enough? That’s alright, there’s still the good old blog. 😉 As for the rest of you believers…I got a pretty ochre button for you to get clicky-clicky with:
You can also subscribe to “The Club” later by visiting the blog and checking out the top-ish right corner of the page below my blog name—y’know, in case you have a change of heart and come to realize how desperately you need to see me publish The Perpetual Novel plus have the opportunity to yell at me via email until I do so. (I’m kidding about that last part, mostly.)Read More »